35324 1/35 Iraqi Tank T-55 "Enigma"
The T-54/55 series of tanks were developed by the former Soviet Union in the period after WWII and many were
exported due to their reliable performance. However, the basic design was becoming obsolete by the 1980s and
many countries thus developed upgrades in order to modernize the T-55 and Iraq was no exception. Although
the official Iraqi designation is not known, their upgraded variant was called T-55 "Enigma" by Coalition forces
during the 1991 Gulf War. This Iraqi variant focused on armor upgrades and featured extra armor blocks on the
glacis, hull sides, and turret. T-55 "Enigma" tanks were encountered by Coalition forces during the Iraqi Army's
sole offensive action during the 1991 Gulf War, the Battle of Khafji.
About the Model
- 1/35 scale plastic assembly kit.
- The distinctive features of the Enigma have been accurately reproduced based on the thorough study of an
- Armor blocks on the turret and hull and their attachment frames are faithfully depicted.
- 1 standing Iraqi army tank crew figure is included.
- Model depicts a tank painted in overall Sand, without any distinguishing unit markings.